I walked down to Curryfest today. I said I wasn’t going to go this year because I was told I couldn’t give out pamphlets, but alas the beautiful smells and music sent me into a trance and I woke up to find myself in the middle of the festival eating curry, drinking coffee out of a biodegradable cup and lid (who knew?), and standing in the pouring rain talking to some lovely people who I haven’t seen in ages. On the advice of some renegade classmates, I handed out pamphlets on the Woopi Green Thumbs Gardening Project anyway, with the help of two great friends. No-one even noticed, so I’ll be sure to remember not to ask permission in future. Hopefully we’ll get some new recruits to the group! Although I won’t have much to offer anyone in the way of fruits and veggies at the rate my garden's going, I’m lucky I’ve got Jada82, Shanti, Punjabi Banana, Black Rabbi Pope and Choko Man on the job!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Curryfest... and gardening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Way to go! Guerilla pamphleting. You could start a whole new movement there. I have been up and posting myself today. Please go and have a look and leave a comment. I have been reading 'Going Local' by Michael Shuman tonight, which Lynda suggested to us. It is so interesting that I find I am already aware of of a lot of the concepts in the book. I have also been reading up on Slow Food. I saw a documentary on the ABC last year about it and have found the background knowledge of the movement to useful in understanding what I am trying to achieve with my own little project. I am part of worldwide movement now! I hope my mum will be proud.
Glad to hear the pamphleting didn't cause you any trouble! How was the response from the people you spoke too . . . interested to et on board? Feedback? Hope its all going swell for you Desley.
You are a very Naughty girl Des, I just hope the curry's were worth all that stress'
My Broccoli is starting to grow a lot faster after adding a bucket full of dynamic lifter on each plant, still very dry here in Orange, the dam levels still drop & we have been told to use only around 150 liters a day for each person, so I have water the plants by hand from out water tanks still, send the rain our way please.
Have a great week.
Cheers Steve
Post a Comment